10 Home Remedies for Oily Skin
- Wash your face
- Blotting papers
- Cosmetic clay
- Egg whites and lemons
- Aloe vera
- Jojoba oil
- Oily skin can be prevented
We only list products we feel are valuable to our readers.
Oily skin can be caused by excessive sebum production.
Sebum is an oily substance made up of fats. Sebum protects your skin and moisturizes your hair, keeping your hair shiny and healthy.
Too much sebum can lead to oily skin. This can cause acne and clogged pores.
Oily skin can be hard to manage.
1. Wash your face
It may seem obvious that oily skin is not washed daily.
2. Blotting papers
These thin, small papers won’t stop your cells from working overtime, but they can be used to remove excess oil from the skin to reduce greasy, shiney skin.
Honey is a favorite skin treatment in nature. Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities that may be helpful for oily skin.
Honey is also an natural humectant. It helps to keep your skin moisturized but not dry.
To use honey to treat acne and oily skin, spread a thin layer, preferably raw, onto your face; let it dry for about 10 minutes, and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Cosmetic clays are also known as healing clays. They can be used to absorb skin oil and treat many conditions.
Create a spa-worthy French green clay mask
- Add filtered water to 1 teaspoon of clay to make it into a pudding-like consistency
- Use the clay mixture to your face and let dry.
- Use warm water for the removal of clay and to dry it.
Clay masks that can be washed with water are gentler on your skin than traditional peel-off masks.HEALTHLINE: Equity in Health
Health equity means equal opportunities for everyone to live their best life. Volunteer your time and help us make the world a better place.
Oatmeal has been known to soothe skin irritations, absorb excess oil, and reduce inflammation.
- Combine 1/2 cup ground oats with hot water to create a paste.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon honey.
- Massage the oatmeal mixture onto your skin for three minutes. Rinse the oatmeal mixture with warm water, and then dry it.
- Alternativly you can apply the oatmeal mixture directly on your skin and leave it to sit for around 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Dry completely.
6. Egg whites and lemons
Egg whites and lemons are good options for oily skin.
Make a mask using egg whites and lemons
- Combine 1 egg white with 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Apply the cream to your face, and allow it to dry.
- Rinse with warm water and dry with a towel.
Ground almonds can be used to exfoliate your skin. You can also use them to exfoliate your skin.
- Finely grind the almonds to make 3 teaspoons.
- Use 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Use circular movements to gently massage your face
- Wash the area in warm water. Dry it.
We will help you to manage your high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diet in order to take good care of your heart.
8. Aloe vera
Aloe Vera is well-known for its soothing properties.
Aloe vera can be applied to the skin before bed.
Salicylic acid, a common home remedy for skin problems found in tomatoes, is used to exfoliate the skin.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar with 1 cup pulp from 1 tomato.
- Apply the cream in a circular motion.
- Leave the mask on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Use a towel to dry.
Tomato pulp and tomato slices can be applied directly to the skin.
10. Jojoba oil
Although the idea of applying oil to oily skin seems counterproductive, jojoba oil is a folk remedy to treat oily skin, acne, and other skin problems.
Jojoba may mimic sebum, “tricking” the sebaceous cells to produce less oil and keep the skin’s oil levels balanced.
Still, a 2012 study found that applying a mask made of healing clay and jojoba oil two to three times weekly helped heal skin lesions and mild acne.
Jojoba oil can be used in many ways.
Avoid oily skin
Oily skin can be caused by genetics or hormones.
It may be tempting to use heavy makeup in order to hide oily skin. However, this can make the problem worse.
Home remedies for oily skin claim to work. However, this depends on your specific situation and the quality of products you use.
Your skin may become allergic to products that you have used for a while.
Contact your doctor immediately if the home remedy does not work.
You May Also like
knew fee besties shandies perusal old is gold stream fomite virgin spam Empanelled possessive urad dal ping blady RIP nice sao moto status nothing alter ago flirt jerk desi jerk bonafide soulmate bajra stag webinar pic crappy naa hangout influencer fake unenroll groot